Friday, March 22, 2013

Actions speak louder...


...than words when you don't speak the language!

I recently joined the local tri club so I could take advantage of their use of the 50m pool in the evenings. It is a lot easier to swim laps without having to dodge the recreational breaststrokers. I have sometimes done my own workouts, but lately I have been doing the club workouts, which are pre-scheduled.

I have been training a lot lately. I had a pretty tough trainer session in the morning, and then looked to see that the club swim for that evening was 4800m. Ugh.

After a short warmup, it was 16x 50m, then an 800. So far, so good. But what really killed me was the 16x 100. By the end, I was only getting about 15 seconds rest in between near-sprint efforts. Then came the last 800.

I was really tired. I wanted to quit or shorten the set (especially after I got lapped!) Two other guys stopped early so all that was left was three really fast guys and me, who was way behind them.
But I didn't quit. I finished the 800. I don't want to just be the new gal who doesn't really speak German. This was the only way I could prove my commitment, so I kept going. I did get a thumbs up from one of the guys when I was done.

On my cool down, I could barely move. So I know I gave it everything I had. I'm pretty proud of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment