Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Well, the flavo(u)r is the same

The local PX only carries the Strawberry Banana PowerGel. The gels are a bit cheaper from the PX than on the economy, which is why I've been buying them there. But when they ran out right before my race in Berlin, I had to buy some on the economy. I figured I'd go for the same flavor because I don't have any problems with it.

But here is the weird thing...the European version isn't caffeinated:


This is actually advantageous, since now I can make my own "half-caf" mix. Based on my current plan, I'll be taking in about 20 of these on the Norseman bike leg. I'm going to guess that I'm not going to want to eat another gel for a while after this.

Another Norseman update: The race is in one month, on August 3rd. I have been able to run for 20 minutes at a time with an acceptable level of pain. To keep the inflammation down, I have been eating a lot of fresh pineapple. That is a pretty expensive habit, with prices about $3-4 each!

No comments:

Post a Comment