Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Timex Multisport Team camp 2013


I just finished up my weekend at our training camp in East Rutherford, New Jersey -- the best way to sum up this whole experience is "WOW!"


I met people from all over who have accomplished amazing things, both on and off the race course. We got to see and demo the newest offerings from Timex, Quintana Roo, Blue Seventy, and Shimano. The cafeteria at the Timex Performance Center served up three delicious, healthy meals a day. I did a lactate threshold test with the Korey Stringer Institute that required the always perilous task of drawing blood. But I came away from this weekend with the knowledge, contacts, and motivation to power me through the whole season.

The ladies of Team Timex
I joke that I started in this sport as a "Triathlon Island"...all by myself. This weekend was like "Triathlon Heaven." So to all my teammates and the Team Sports management crew, thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment