Wednesday, March 13, 2013

That's what I get for wussing out AND procrastinating

Yesterday, we had a ton of snow. It was probably about 4-5" inches worth, so beyond the capabilities of even the best plows/shovelers. With all the snow on the ground, I thought "well, I'll just do my 40 min easy run on the treadmill at the gym." I had to go lift weights anyways, so this seemed like a good solution.

I figured I'd give the plows a chance to get the road cleared off. But I didn't want to be at the gym during lunch, because it can be a madhouse. So I was feeling all smart when I arrived at 1:20.

Except for the signs that said "Due to the weather, the fitness center will be closing at 2:00." Boo!

So I did only 30 minutes. But at 4% incline. And they did some bodyweight variations at home.

With all these minor hiccups I run into, I find it best to remind myself that it is better to focus on what you can do/control than what you can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment