Friday, September 20, 2013

Don't Be That Triathlete

I found this video from Competitor Magazine hilarious. Lesley Patterson did a great job of spoofing some of the more bizarre practices people engage in.

The pie on the bike reminded me of a gal a few spots away from me at the Redman Half a few years ago. As we are racking our bikes the night before, I glanced at her bento box -- it was chock full of various baked goods in ziploc baggies. It looked like a very small version of the offerings at a bake sale set up outside a Walmart. I think I said something about her selection and she replied, "yeah, I like variety."

At races, I'll always take note of the people who put their wetsuit on really, really early. (I understand it takes a while -- I allow at least 15 minutes!) I'm talking about an hour before the race starts. But at Norseman, I saw a guy with his wetsuit on (fully pulled up, too) around 3 am. The race started at 5 am.

I think a great idea for triathlon spectators would be to have a photo scavenger hunt. Everyone gets the same list for things like "craziest hat," "most epic beard, "brightest jersey," or "most kiniseotape." Compare and discuss later.

There was one thing that would have really put this video over the top: When she was at the office, she should have been wearing calf compression sleeves, shorts, and sandals/Crocs. However, that probably would have hit too close to home for many people.

No comments:

Post a Comment